Who We Are
AVI-SPL is the world’s largest and most trusted AV integrator, providing the technology and services that improve the way individuals, organizations, and businesses collaborate.
We partner with the most innovative communication technology providers, ensuring our clients have access to the most advanced, secure, and effective AV and collaboration solutions.
With more certified technical staff than other systems integrator, AVI-SPL solutions power the communications for many of the world’s successful companies. Our solutions can be found in 86% of the Fortune 100.
What sets AVI-SPL apart from other collaboration solutions companies?
We scale technical products and services to any need. Through our research and development, we develop solutions that simplify AV system control, monitor your assets, and enable colleagues, customers, and vendors to work together through cloud-based video collaboration. The trust we’ve been granted is why we’ve been ranked the #1 company in our industry by Systems Contractor News since 2006.
A Commitment to Growth and Improvement
As November 2016 came to a close, we announced our acquisition of Anderson AV, a premier AV systems integration company with over 20 years of experience providing businesses with top-tier service. We welcomed 160 employees and six offices across California, North Carolina, and Texas into the AVI-SPL family. This acquisition enhances our ability to serve markets with high demand for video collaboration and gives Anderson AV customers the benefit of our global delivery capabilities and award-winning managed services platform.
In June 2017, we enhanced our ability to serve multi-nation projects when we formalized our partnership with Vega of Asia, an AV/IT solutions provider that serves companies throughout Asia. We work hand-in-hand with Vega to ensure that projects in Asia receive the high level of quality that our customers expect and deserve.
In October 2017, we acquired Sharp’s Audio Visual, a Canada-based systems integrator.
Since we began in 1979, our ability to recognize and adapt to new business technologies has forged us into a reliable and knowledgeable resources for companies and organizations like yours.
You’ll find AVI-SPL offices throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in the U.K. and the UAE. These worldwide locations have enabled us complete over 50,000 integrations since 2008, and manage more than 8,000 customer service contracts for our clients.
Let us put our experience to work for you.
Marty Schaffel founds Audio Visual Innovations in Lakeland, FL.
AVI’s systems integration group begins operations.
Chad Gillenwater, William Parry and Fred Curdts found Signal Perfection Ltd.
AVI launches ProjectorPeople.com.
Chad Gillenwater wins Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
AVI-SPL opens office in Dubai.
AVI and SPL merge to form AVI-SPL, the largest U.S. Pro AV Integrator.
2008 thru 2015
AVI-SPL ranked #1 AV integrator by Systems Contractor News (SCN).
- UK agreement takes place
- AVI-SPL acquires Iformata with innovative VNOC Symphony platform.
- Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year.
- Cisco Outstanding Customer Solutions Partner of the Year.
- UK office opens.
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- Scottish office opens in Aberdeen.
- U.S. Patent for VNOC Symphony platform.
- NSCA Excellence in Business Award.
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- InfoComm International APEx certification.
- UK office doubles in size
- Polycom Global Reseller of the Year.
- Samsung Integrator of the Year.
- AVI-SPL Partners With Australia’s Connected Vision Group
- AVI-SPL Acquires Anderson AV
- CI Integration Award for Best Mission-Critical Project — Invenergy Control Room
- EMEA Polycom Gold Choice Partner
- Frost & Sullivan Company of the Year
- AVI-SPL Acquires Sharp’s AV of Canada
- AVI-SPL Acquires VideoLink
- AVI-SPL Partners with AV/IT solutions provider Vega of Asia
Our people listen to the customer so that we can solve real-world problems with the right technology.AVI-SPL Executive Team
When we develop your ideal collaboration solution, we partner with leading technology vendors like Cisco, Microsoft, Polycom, Crestron, NEC and others. Our partnerships help us offer the best solutions collaboration solutions for reinventing the workplace.
Work With Us
Go to our Subcontractor Management Program page to find out how to join us as an authorized labor of service subcontractor.
Fill out our Supplier Application form to become a supplier for AVI-SPL.
We are part of a global community, and a member of the local communities where we work and live.
We are caring stewards of our environment. AVI-SPL is an active member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and is part of a Green AV initiative, working to ensure that audio and video systems are in line with green building standards. Our high-profile projects include the New York City Office of Emergency Management’s green headquarters.
We work with suppliers, consultants and trade associations to educate clients on how green AV solutions and communication technologies can save energy (and money) and generate carbon credits.
We’re committed to improving the communities where we live and work through volunteer work and corporate donations.
Organizations we support:
- American Red Cross
- The Salvation Army
- The Spring of Tampa Bay
- Metropolitan Ministries
- Paint Your Heart Out
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
- University of South Florida College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Big Cat Rescue
- Boy Scouts of America: Gulf Ridge Council
- Tampa Museum of Art
- United Way
- Florida Chamber Orchestra
- Florida Gulf Coast University Hospitality Scholarship Fund
- Avon Breast Cancer Foundation
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- LifePath Hospice
For information on corporate donations and volunteer programs with AVI-SPL, email email@example.com.
- Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, Ranked #1
- Let’s Do Video – Best Industry Partnership
- Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #14
- INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award – Block ME™
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – FIU Restaurant Management Lab
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – Video Case Stories Highlight Reel
- Polycom North American Partner of the Year
- U.S. Patent for VNOC Symphony Platform
- NSCA Excellence in Business Award – Growth Strategies
- 2013 Systems Contractor News, Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2013 Commercial Integrator and Tech Decisions’ Top K-12 Education Solution Award, Rialto Unified School District
- 2013 Commercial Integrator BEST Awards, Mommy’s Hear & Critical Area Monitoring Solution
- 2013 CRN’s Solution Provider 500 list, ranked #49
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #11
- 2013 Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- 2013 Polycom North American Partner of the Year
- 2013 InfoComm International and NewBay Media People’s Choice Award, North Carolina State University Hunt Library
- 2012 Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- 2012 TMC Labs Innovation Award—VNOC Symphony® Management Platform
- 2012 Inc. Magazine, Inc. 5000
- 2012 C2G Partner of the Year
- 2012 Commercial Integrator BEST Award—Caméléon Telepresence
- 2012 CRN’s Solution Provider 500, ranked #47
- 2012 Cisco Outstanding Customer Solutions Partner of the Year
- 2012 PRO AV Spotlight Awards, Best Government AV Installation, Minneapolis Emergency Operations Training Facility (EOTF), and Best Education AV Installation, Rialto School District, CA
- 2011 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2011 Commercial Integrator “Integrator of the Year”
- 2011 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #13
- 2011 Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, #4432
- 2011 Cabletime Platinum Reseller
- 2011 CRN’s 2012 Solution Provider 500, #48
- 2011 Polycom Excellence in Industry Award
- 2010 Clearone Top U.S. Platinum Partner
- 2010 Polycom Partner of the Year
- 2010 WFX Solomon Awards, Best Design, Implementation and Operation of an Audio, Video & Lighting System, 301-800 Seats, Resurrection Life Church
- 2010 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #15
- 2010 WFX Solomon Awards, Best Overall Church Technology Project, Resurrection Life Church
- 2010 PRO AV Spotlight Award, State & Local Government, New York City Hall Situation Room
- 2010 Apex Gold Award, Digital Signage Expo, Unisys Solution Showcase
- 2010 Polycom’s AV Integrator of the Year 2009 Award
- 2009 TANDBERG 2009 Channel Partners’ Top Growth Partner Award
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #16
- 2009 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Dollar Revenue Growth” #1
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Fast 50,” #42
- 2009 Polycom’s AV Integrator of the Year 2008 Award
- 2009 Sound & Stage AV Install of the Year, Dubai Mall
- 2009 Florida Trend magazine’s Top 200 Private Companies, #62
- 2008 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Business of the Year Awards: Overall Winner
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #32
- 2008 Pro AV Spotlight Award, Hospitality Winner, STATS Sports Restaurant
- 2008 Pro AV Spotlight Award, Corporate Winner, One Haworth Center
- 2008 Florida Trend’s Top 200 Private Companies, #107
- 2008 Gulf Coast Business Review’s “Gulf Coast 500,” #60
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Fast 50,” #45