The discontinuation of the Florida State Contract for Audio Visual Equipment and Accessories has created confusion for our customers like you. This page is intended to clear up that confusion and offer alternative contract sources, including our GSA Schedules and other cooperative contract vehicles.
Please note that AVI-SPL was not removed as a vendor. Rather, the contract vehicle itself expired, meaning State of Florida public sector purchasers must find new ways of engaging with us and other suppliers. AVI-SPL is still your provider for your AV and video needs.
As part of our effort to answer your questions, we are hosting a webinar on Wed., November 8 at 12 p.m. EST, “Purchasing AV Equipment and Services From AVI-SPL — State of Florida Buyers.”
Alternative Contract OptionsHow long does a network bandwidth assessment take? Does AVI-SPL or Videolink offer content service
The previous contract, 880-000-09-1, expired in Feb. 2017, but there are several other options you can use:
- Option #1: Florida DMS will partner with New York Office of General Services. (52161500-ACS-16-1) Florida DMS will have information available on http://www.dms.myflorida.com starting on February 19, 2017. We are listed as Audio Visual Innovations, Inc. under the following manufacturers reseller list:
Amplivox, AMX, Casio, Crestron, Elmo, Epson, Front Row/Calypso LLC, Infocus, NEC, Sharp, Sony and Spectrum
- Option #2: Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS): Contract No. 1012612, 161101, and 170306. These contracts is available now, at a no-fee. It is easy to sign up, go to: www.tips-usa.com.
- Option #3: GSA, Schedule 70: GS-35F-0275S. Find pricing document and contract information at https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/ref_text/GS35F0275S/0RN7RH.3IIFAP_GS-35F-0275S_SCH70TERMSANDCONDITIONSWITHPRICING.PDF. Updated products being added all the time. Services include warranties, installation and integration labor.
- Option #4: PEPPM Florida: This is exclusive to SMART Technologies. Additional information regarding PEPPM can be found here, https://www.peppm.org. The PEPPM buyer’s guide is here, https://www.peppm.org/services/PEPPM_Buyer’s_Guide.pdf.
- Option #5: NASPO ValuePoint DataCom Florida: Exclusive to Cisco solutions. Ordering instructions, discounts, and AVI-SPL contact info (as Audio Visual Innovations, Inc.) can be found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/industries/government/us-government-solutions-services/resources/government-contracts-funding-vehicles/state-local-government-contracts/naspo-valuepoint-datacom/florida.html
Looking for more options? There are more to choose from: For a complete listing of Audio Visual Innovations Contracts and Account Managers: http://products.avispl.com/state-contracts/contracts.asp
Question: Do I need to put the contract # on my purchase order?
Answer: Yes, please add the contract you will be using to your purchase order so it can be properly reported and pricing can be confirmed.
Question: Can I add “Open Market” items on the same PO as my contract items?
Answer: Yes, both can be added to the same PO.
Question: How will I know when products will be updated?
Answer: We are continuously updating our state contracts landing page @ http://products.avispl.com/state-contracts/contracts.asp or check with your account manager for current information.
Reach out first to your local account manager: 866-708-5034