Need to more information about AVI-SPL’s digital media services? Complete this simple form and a digital signage expert we will reply to discuss your needs. You can also call us to discuss our services at (866) 708-5034.
If you need a quote for a display or display accessory, please see our product catalog.
Think of streaming media as video or audio content sent in compressed form over an IP network and played immediately, rather than being saved to the hard drive. With streaming media you can communicate, educate, and entertain over your IP network, and the user doesn’t have to wait to download a file to play it. Users can pause, rewind or fast-forward, just as they could with a downloaded file, unless the content is being streamed live.
Ready to collaborate?
Advantages of streaming media:
- Makes it possible for users to take advantage of interactive applications like video search and personalized playlists
- Allows content deliverers to monitor what visitors are watching and how long they are watching it
- Provides an efficient use of bandwidth because only the part of the file that’s being transferred is the part that’s being watched
- Provides the content creator with more control over his intellectual property because the video file is not stored on the viewer’s computer. Once the video data is played, it is discarded by the media player
Streaming media is more popular than ever, as both consumer and enterprise users increase content consumption – whether audio, video, or multimedia. The content can be delivered in real-time (live) or on-demand.
- Platforms that enable delivery over multiple devices such as tablets, computers, smartphones, gaming systems, and Blu-ray
- Growth in demand for streaming in corporate and higher education
- On-demand video services that avoid investments in hardware
- Streaming media is being used for collaboration, e-learning, and advertising
- Personalization that creates brand awareness
- 4K resolution that allows for large, captivating images and messages
Successful digital signage depends on the right content management system (CMS) for your organization. Content management solutions for digital signage allows for the customization, scheduling, monitoring and deployment of content across a network of digital displays. A CMS makes your digital signage the centerpiece of your project to a level that has distinct benefits in efficiency, flexibility and even cost.
Ready to collaborate?
In general, there are three types of digital signage CMS solutions to choose from:
- Web-based/Cloud-based – Your content management dashboard is hosted on your provider’s website, with all of your data saved in the cloud
- Desktop download – Your content management dashboard is a downloadable program that runs on your computer’s desktop
- Hybrid – A combination of cloud and on-premise solutions, where a server pulls content from the cloud and pushes data to the players on the network
- More complex functionality is management systems is working in tandem with easy usability
- Content management through mobile devices
- Pull in data to create customized content based that speaks to the viewer
- Incorporating social media into content so that people can see what others are saying about a product
- Display trending purchases so the viewers can see which items are popular