With our Symphony platform, we monitor and manage your AV systems, run diagnostics on those systems, launch your video calls, and handle the way your meetings are organized, monitored, and managed.
And we’ve just made it even better. Symphony 4.1 includes a variety of new features and apps, including:
- Custom monitoring and alert settings down to the device level
- Integration with SalesForce.com for efficient onboarding of accounts and devices
- Enhanced monitoring, including native SNMP support
- Improved usability and dashboard views
- Single, unified portal with new self-service web
Using the customer-facing Symphony interface, you and your IT department can quickly and easily see if your systems are active, have pending trouble tickets, and if a conference has launched properly.
We’ve also added a measure that combines objective reports of a video call’s bit rate, packet latency, bandwidth, etc., with user response to that call’s performance. The result is a quality of experience score that your IT department and AVI-SPL can use to improve your collaboration efforts.
With Symphony, users can schedule meetings between different locations and types of systems in as little as three steps. Users have access to Symphony from a web portal, mobile applications, and calendar integration, and can schedule and modify meetings from anywhere at any time.
Our Business Process Automation Module is a set of rules and policies used by our Managed Service Operations Center to automatically govern how our clients’ meetings are organized, monitored, managed, and escalated. Privacy steps can be built into the process that automatically mute an endpoint’s microphone and disables the endpoint’s camera after a meeting. This takes the burden off of users who are unsure of how to verify a video call has been disconnected. With the endpoint powered on and actively monitored and managed by our Managed Service Operations Center resources, even if an uninvited guest is able to connect to the system, that person will not be able to see or hear anything.
For any video meeting, the quality and functionality of the endpoints and infrastructure is a top priority. We give your company the luxury of having an extended IT department, verifying equipment is operating as expected. Symphony also provides your users the ability to monitor equipment quickly. Users can see if systems are active, have pending trouble tickets, and if a conference has been launched properly. With this type of information, users can schedule and carry out meetings with confidence.
To simplify management and monitoring of customer conferencing environments, we use our Communicator Proxy server, which hosts key modules of our Symphony managed services platform behind your firewall and uses standard ports and Internet connections to communicate with Symphony in the cloud as needed. Communicator Proxy provides:
- Standards-based polling of all IP-reachable AV and video conferencing devices within your network
- Reports the information back to our Symphony managed services platform in real-time
- Allows commands from the Managed Service Operations Center to be sent securely to the client devices for call launches and device control
- No need for a dedicated circuit between AVI-SPL and your network
- Network traffic is also reduced while the proxy fields and processes messages, using Symphony intelligence to escalate those messages if needed
Through the AVI-SPL managed services relationship, customers have scheduled meetings to review their services. This allows for discussions on growth, policy changes, service statistics, etc. With Symphony, customers
View some usage and performance reports at any time. Based on user privileges, customers can see if their systems are functioning, how many calls are being conducted for each system, success rate, and more. These operations give the customer better understanding and knowledge about how their video communications strategy is being executed.