Who We Are
AVI-SPL is the world’s largest AV integrator, providing collaboration solutions and services for businesses around the globe. We provide leading-edge technology that is reinventing workplace communication and improving the ability of individuals, organisations, and businesses to collaborate. We create opportunities for unified communications, leveraging technology and data infrastructures that already exist in your operation.
We partner with the most innovative communication technology providers, ensuring our clients have access to the most advanced, secure, and effective AV and collaboration solutions available today.
As the industry leader, we staff the brightest minds in the AV industry. AVI-SPL solutions power the communications for many of the world’s most successful companies, representing 86% of those in the Fortune 100.
What sets AVI-SPL apart from any other collaboration solutions company?
Our ability to scale technical products and services to any size and need. Our early investments in smart technology and understanding the connection between AV and IT have made it possible for us to support the largest and most complex AV systems, connected video devices, and collaboration tools. And this capability can also be leveraged to support smaller organizations more effectively.
We are pioneers in the AV industry, and we continue to lead the world in AV integration. What drives us to pioneer is our focus on positive customer experience. Our philosophy is that we grow together, creating partnerships for lifetime success.
We’ve been committed to improving visual communication since 1979. In the nearly 40 years we’ve been in business, we have seen tremendous changes. It’s our ability to understand and adapt to rapid growth technology that has made us into a global company and the world’s most reliable and knowledgeable AV integrator and collaboration solutions provider. And as we grow, we are able to help companies and organisations of all types and sizes grow too.
For businesses, universities, hospitals, government facilities and Fortune 100 companies alike, AVI-SPL designs and delivers superior AV systems and collaboration solutions. Our projects range in size and complexity from huddle spaces to stadiums, and everything in between. We’ve been ranked the #1 company in our industry by Systems Contractor News since 2008. Let us put our experience to work for you.
You’ll find AVI-SPL offices throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in the U.K. and the UAE, ready to serve our clients’ needs at a moment’s notice. These worldwide locations have enabled us complete over 50,000 integrations since 2008, and manage more than 11,000 customer service contracts for our clients.
Marty Schaffel founds Audio Visual Innovations in Lakeland , FL.
AVI’s systems integration group begins operations.
Chad Gillenwater, William Parry and Fred Curdts found Signal Perfection Ltd.
AVI launches ProjectorPeople.com.
Chad Gillenwater wins Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
AVI and SPL merge to form AVI-SPL, the largest U.S. Pro AV Integrator.
2008 thru 2015
AVI-SPL ranked #1 AV integrator by Systems Contractor News (SCN).
- UK agreement takes place.
- AVI-SPL acquires Iformata with innovative VNOC Symphony platform.
- Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year.
- Cisco Outstanding Customer Solutions Partner of the Year.
- UK office opens.
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- Scottish office opens in Aberdeen
- U.S. Patent for VNOC Symphony platform.
- NSCA Excellence in Business Award.
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- InfoComm International APEx certification.
- Polycom Global Reseller of the Year.
- Samsung Integrator of the Year.
- UK office doubles in size.
- AVI-SPL Partners With Australia’s Connected Vision Group
- AVI-SPL Acquires Anderson AV
- CI Integration Award for Best Mission-Critical Project — Invenergy Control Room
- EMEA Polycom Gold Choice Partner
- Frost & Sullivan Company of the Year
- AVI-SPL Acquires Sharp’s AV of Canada
- AVI-SPL Acquires VideoLink
- AVI-SPL Partners with AV/IT solutions provider Vega of Asia
The people at AVI-SPL have never forgotten the one key principle to a successful business… listen to the customer. Our people recognise that solving problems creates trust, and trust fosters relationships. We solve real world problems with the right technology, by partnering with the best providers in your industry. Our long term goal is to continue to innovate, and always listen. That’s how we grow.
When we develop your ideal collaboration solution, we partner with leading technology vendors like Cisco, Microsoft, Polycom, Crestron, Samsung, NEC and others. Our partnerships help us offer the best solutions collaboration solutions for reinventing the workplace.
Work With Us
Go to our Subcontractor Management Program page to find out how to join us as an authorised labour of service subcontractor.
Fill out our Supplier Application form to become a supplier for AVI-SPL.
We are part of a global community, and part of the local communities where we work and live.
From a global perspective, we consider ourselves caring stewards of our environment. AVI-SPL is an active member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and is part of a Green AV initiative, working to ensure that audio and video systems are in line with green building standards.
We work with suppliers, consultants and trade associations to educate corporate clients on how green AV solutions and communication technologies can save energy (and money) and generate carbon credits.
For information on corporate donations and volunteer programs with AVI-SPL, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, Ranked #1
- Let’s Do Video – Best Industry Partnership
- Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #14
- INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award – Block ME™
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – FIU Restaurant Management Lab
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – Video Case Stories Highlight Reel
- Polycom North American Partner of the Year
- U.S. Patent for VNOC Symphony Platform
- NSCA Excellence in Business Award – Growth Strategies
- 2013 Systems Contractor News, Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2013 Commercial Integrator and Tech Decisions’ Top K-12 Education Solution Award, Rialto Unified School District
- 2013 Commercial Integrator BEST Awards, Mommy’s Hear & Critical Area Monitoring Solution
- 2013 Inc. Magazine, Inc. 5000
- 2013 CRN’s Solution Provider 500 list, ranked #49
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #11
- 2013 Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- 2013 Polycom North American Partner of the Year
- 2013 InfoComm International and NewBay Media People’s Choice Award, North Carolina State University Hunt Library
- 2012 Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- 2012 TMC Labs Innovation Award—VNOC Symphony® Management Platform
- 2012 Inc. Magazine, Inc. 5000
- 2012 C2G Partner of the Year
- 2012 Commercial Integrator BEST Award—Caméléon Telepresence
- 2012 CRN’s Solution Provider 500, ranked #47
- 2012 Cisco Outstanding Customer Solutions Partner of the Year
- 2012 PRO AV Spotlight Awards, Best Government AV Installation, Minneapolis Emergency Operations Training Facility (EOTF), and Best Education AV Installation, Rialto School District, CA
- 2011 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2011 Commercial Integrator “Integrator of the Year”
- 2011 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #13
- 2011 Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies, #4432
- 2011 Cabletime Platinum Reseller
- 2011 CRN’s 2012 Solution Provider 500, #48
- 2011 Polycom Excellence in Industry Award
- 2010 Clearone Top U.S. Platinum Partner
- 2010 Polycom Partner of the Year
- 2010 WFX Solomon Awards, Best Design, Implementation and Operation of an Audio, Video & Lighting System, 301-800 Seats, Resurrection Life Church
- 2010 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #15
- 2010 WFX Solomon Awards, Best Overall Church Technology Project, Resurrection Life Church
- 2010 PRO AV Spotlight Award, State & Local Government, New York City Hall Situation Room
- 2010 Apex Gold Award, Digital Signage Expo, Unisys Solution Showcase
- 2010 Polycom’s AV Integrator of the Year 2009 Award
- 2009 TANDBERG 2009 Channel Partners’ Top Growth Partner Award
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #16
- 2009 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Dollar Revenue Growth” #1
- 2009 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Fast 50,” #42
- 2009 Polycom’s AV Integrator of the Year 2008 Award
- 2009 Sound & Stage AV Install of the Year, Dubai Mall
- 2009 Florida Trend magazine’s Top 200 Private Companies, #62
- 2008 Systems Contractor News Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Business of the Year Awards: Overall Winner
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Tampa Bay Business 100,” #32
- 2008 Pro AV Spotlight Award, Hospitality Winner, STATS Sports Restaurant
- 2008 Pro AV Spotlight Award, Corporate Winner, One Haworth Center
- 2008 Florida Trend’s Top 200 Private Companies, #107
- 2008 Gulf Coast Business Review’s “Gulf Coast 500,” #60
- 2008 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Fast 50,” #45