Who We Are
AVI-SPL is the world’s largest and most trusted AV integrator, providing the technology and services that improve the way individuals, organizations, and businesses collaborate.
AVI-SPL Canada has the proven track record to design, build, install, and support multimillion dollar integration projects for clients across the country and around the globe. From logistics, to employees, to financial stability, we have the capacity to work with a customer’s changing needs and deliver superior products and services.
We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, with locations spanning the country, including Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax.
We partner with the most innovative communication technology providers, ensuring our clients have access to the most advanced, secure, and effective AV and collaboration solutions.
AVI-SPL solutions power the communications for many of the world’s successful companies. Our solutions can be found in 85% of the Fortune 100.
What sets AVI-SPL apart from other collaboration solutions companies?
We scale technical products and services to any need. Through our research and development, we develop solutions that simplify AV system control, monitor your assets, and enable colleagues, customers, and vendors to work together through cloud-based video collaboration. The trust we’ve been granted is why we’ve been ranked the #1 company in our industry by Systems Contractor News since 2006.
We are proud to have been a part of many large projects across Canada over the past 12 months. AVI-SPL Canada has experience working with key contractors and expert consultants on large projects. Our staff understands the demands of new construction projects and how to coordinate with multiple trades. In 2017, AVI-SPL Canada completed over 1,400 projects. We have the expertise and capacity to support long-term large projects throughout the project life cycle.
A Commitment to Growth and Improvement
In October 2017, AVI-SPL acquired Sharp’s Audio Visual, a Canada-based systems integrator. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Sharp’s has eight locations across six provinces in Canada. Founded in 1923, the company is a trusted technology solutions partner for many of today’s most recognizable organizations worldwide. Sharp’s 94-year history of success is linked to its dedication and track-record of innovation, and commitment to its customer’s needs. Together as one, AVI-SPL and Sharp’s will optimize these values to provide transformative technology that creates meaningful experiences and brand value for its clients across Canada and around the world.
Since we began in 1979, our ability to recognize and adapt to new business technologies has forged us into a reliable and knowledgeable resources for companies and organizations like yours.
You’ll find throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in the U.K. and the UAE. These worldwide locations have enabled us complete over 50,000 integrations since 2008, and manage more than 8,000 customer service contracts for our clients.
Let us put our experience to work for you, contact us today.
William Henry Bowerman Sharp founds Sharp’s Audio Visual.
Marty Schaffel founds Audio Visual Innovations in Lakeland, FL.
Chad Gillenwater, William Parry and Fred Curdts found Signal Perfection Ltd.
AVI and SPL merge to form AVI-SPL.
2008 to date
AVI-SPL ranked #1 AV integrator by Systems Contractor News (SCN).
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- Polycom N.A. Partner of the Year.
- Polycom Global Reseller of the Year.
- Samsung Integrator of the Year.
- AVI-SPL Acquires Sharp’s Audio Visual.
- Systems Contractor News, Top 50 Systems Integrators, Ranked #1
- Let’s Do Video – Best Industry Partnership
- Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #14
- INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award – Block ME™
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – FIU Restaurant Management Lab
- Commercial Integrator BEST Award – Video Case Stories Highlight Reel
- TEAM Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- U.S. Patent for VNOC Symphony Platform
- NSCA Excellence in Business Award – Growth Strategies
- 2013 Systems Contractor News, Top 50 Systems Integrators, #1
- 2013 Commercial Integrator and Tech Decisions’ Top K-12 Education Solution Award, Rialto Unified School District
- 2013 Commercial Integrator BEST Awards, Mommy’s Hear & Critical Area Monitoring Solution
- 2013 CRN’s Solution Provider 500 list, ranked #49
- 2013 Tampa Bay Business 100 list, ranked #11
- 2013 TEAM Polycom U.S. Partner of the Year
- 2013 InfoComm International and NewBay Media People’s Choice Award, North Carolina State University Hunt Library