During VIBE: Mastering Federal Funding for Education, three expert panelists discussed the process of finding and obtaining grant and stimulus money for technology that engages students. They explained many of the major points educators need to know about funding their initiatives.
Discover the types of federal funds for education
The panelists took an in-depth look at the major funding channels for education, including:
- ESSER (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief fund)
- HEER (Higher Education Emergency Relief fund
- GEER (Governors Emergency Education Relief fund)
- RUS-DLT grants
For each of these, you’ll learn what they are and how to use their funds. You’ll also find out about the wealth of great information at the Education Stabilization Fund website.
Insight from experts in federal funds for education
- Jay Bosch, AVI-SPL director of business of development for state and local government and education
- Kimberly Newman, Regional Grants Channels Manager, West region, Poly
- Victoria J. Sanville, national sales manager, government and education, LG
You’ll understand how funds like ESSER I and ESSER II are being governed and what they can be used for. The panelists also share the same information about the HEER and GEER funds, as well as the RUS-DLT grants.
Plus, Newman and Sanville will talk about the type of technology solutions you can use to for workforce development, STEM programs, esports, health care and more.
FAQ’s about education funding
A lot of the content in this hourlong event was driving by attendee questions. Over the course of an hour, attendees learned the answers to questions like:
- Combining funding
- When funds expire
- Deadlines for different stimulus packages
- What equipment qualifies
- How to apply
You’ll discover how funds can be applied and the relevant criteria. You’ll learn more about issues related to new rounds of stimulus money, help with obtaining grants, and how to show or justify need for project funding.
Listen to the full Federal Funding event
Click the button below to watch and listen to the recording of VIBE: Mastering Federal Funding for Education. Contact AVI-SPL and let’s talk about how we can help define your priorities.